Coaching is a relatively new technology of personal and professional development based on concepts from sports, business, spirituality, psychology and organizational development. It’s for passionate people who want more from their personal and business lives. A coach helps them set larger, more rewarding goals, develop a strategy to achieve them and provide support throughout the process. It’s not unlike having a personal trainer or an athletic coach… transformational, but in a business and personal sense. The achievement of goals is something that comes more quickly as a result of the coaching partnership.
Yes, there is a code of ethics, core competencies, accreditation processes and an International Coach Federation (industry association) that promotes the advancement of coaches. To learn more about this, click here: http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/
Coaching works when there are two factors present:
1) The client is willing to grow.
2) There is a gap between where they are now and where they want to be.
Successful coaching clients know the value of sharing ideas with someone who understands them and is objective enough not to be biased or self-serving. Talking about options with someone who can actively listen and who asks the right questions to help the client access their own inner wisdom is one of the most important aspects of the coaching process.
Coaching works because of three unique features:
SYNERGY: Client and coach become a team, focusing on the client’s goals and accomplishing more than the client would alone.
STRUCTURE: With a coach, the client takes more actions, thinks bigger and reaches their goals, thanks to the accountability the coach provides.
EXPERTISE: The coach knows how to help business people make better decisions, set high yet attainable goals, develop new skills for communicating and restructure their professional and personal lives for maximum productivity.
· You take yourself and what you want more seriously.
· You take more effective and focused actions immediately.
· You stop tolerating things and situations that get in your way.
· You create momentum to achieve more, be more balanced and develop more powerful skills.
· You set personal goals that are clear and meet your needs.
· You identify and eliminate the barriers that get in the way of the achievement of goals.
· You communicate about what you need and want from others in a more responsible way.
· You make conscious choices about what you want in your life, what serves you and what no longer serves you.
During our initial conversations and/or discovery session, together we will identify if this is an appropriate fit. So, before you say “yes”, you will have a sample of what the coaching experience will be like. Until then, click on my BIO page to learn more about myself and my approach in coaching.
1. Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest, and the truest in you.
2. Provide safety, encouragement and support; an environment in which you can relax and explore.
3. Respect the confidentiality of the agreements we make.
4. Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights.
5. Give you input, straight feedback and operate as a sounding board.
6. Listen carefully to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness.
7. Be an on-going resource for you in accomplishing your intentions.
What if I sign up for this and decide it is not right for me? Do you have a money back guarantee?
· No, personal access to me is worth the price that I require.
Coaching is usually done over the phone. In addition to allowing frequent, regular contact, it makes it easy to stay in the “coaching relationship”, since the client can call from their office, home, car or hotel. The person coached completes a coaching call strategy form prior to each call, describing the current challenges and the progress they’ve made since the last call. Most people are coached two hours a month, in either four 30-minute sessions, three 40-minute sessions or two 1-hour sessions.
Once the overall focus is determined between client and coach, the focus of each call is determined by the client. The coach helps them solve problems, explore situations and make the most of the opportunities that may be disguised as impossible situations. When a situation seems impossibly cloudy, the coach can help the client focus like a laser beam, cutting through the fog. When a client is taking on a large goal, the coach helps them design a roadmap to reach that goal, and provides the support and structure needed to make sure the client reaches the goal. A skilled coach will bring out the client’s best.
How do I easily make my payments for my coaching services?
Prior to each session, you will make your payment.
What are the various methods of payment I can use to pay for my coaching services?
To pay by Credit Card or Pay Pal when you receive your invoice.
What if I need to reschedule my appointment?
It’s easy. With at least a 24 hour notice, you can reschedule any appointment by contacting me.
What happens if I miss a call due to an emergency?
If you are an existing paid client and you do have an emergency, please let me know as soon as possible by calling my voicemail at 704-779-3420 and leaving me a message. We can do laser coaching via email or phone until our next scheduled call. If you give me 24 hours notice I will do my best to reschedule your appointment.